Artists United are inviting artists, sculptors and photographers to submit works for inclusion in ARTISTS UNITED 2014, now in its 5th year at The Foundry Gallery in North Street, Lewes.
Artists United is an annual art exhibition created by Lewes Community Football Club to bring together the best established artists and emerging talent under one roof. Local artists have come together to support the club since 2009, and we hope the 2014 show will be our most successful yet. Last year we exhibited over 150 pieces by more than 70 local artists and we look forward to welcoming back those faithful supporters and, hopefully, some new faces too.
Rescued from relegation to the history books by a group of concerned local residents and ardent fans, Lewes CFC goes from strength to strength as a not-for-profit, co-operatively owned community football club and academy. The exhibition supports its goal to remain at the centre of the community and each year 45% of the sale price of every piece sold goes to support the club and 55% goes to the artist. Last year we raised well over £1000 for the club. For further information about the club, please visit the website www.lewesfc.com.
The Foundry Gallery has, itself, risen from its post industrial ashes and we are delighted that it escaped the ruin of the recent blaze that sadly claimed its neighbouring unit and the creative endeavours of those inside. Repairs to the gallery are set to be complete in time for Artists United in July and the building will continue to be a vibrant centre of community, art and culture under the diligent stewardship of Christine Hall and Wenda Bradley of Artemis Arts.
Artist United hope you will want to take part in the show and look forward to receiving your submissions.
ARTISTS UNITED 2014
Friday 4th July – Sunday 6th July 10.00am – 6.00pm
Private view Thursday 3rd July 6.00pm – 9.00pm
at the Foundry, North St, Lewes, BN7 2PH
For the 5th year running, the format will be a ‘show of two halves’, with room for both established and emerging artists. All submissions are welcome but, in the interests of balance, the panel reserve the right to make the final selection.
Here’s how to enter:
– You may enter up to 4 pieces*. There is no maximum price limit this year but pieces are exhibited at your own risk. Whilst we have public liability insurance, this does not cover the artwork.
– Accepted works must be ready to hang with appropriate attachments or plinth ready for sculpture.
– We will have the facility to keep un-framed prints at the gallery this year and so please let us know if you would like to enter any.
– Guide maximum dimensions 1m width/height but please contact Artist United if you wish to exhibit something larger. We will do our best to accommodate you if we can depending on the volume of submissions.
– Send a photo (jpeg etc, min filesize 100KB, max 500KB) of your work(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Put ‘ Artists United’, and your name in the subject line.
– In the email, state your name, title of piece(s), medium used, dimensions, sale price and order of preference for exhibited pieces.
For your information, more affordable pieces (priced under £150) and those with a local theme sold particularly well last year, however, please don’t feel constrained by this.
*If Artist United are oversubscribed (and we hope to be!) and depending on the size of your work, artists may be limited to fewer pieces, so please indicate your order of preference.
Closing date for submissions is Friday 20th June – but sooner would be really appreciated!